Psalm 31In te, Domine, speravi
- In you, O LORD, have I taken refuge;
let me never be put to
deliver me in your righteousness.
- Incline your ear to me; *
make haste to deliver me.
- Be my strong rock, a castle to keep me safe,
for you are my crag
and my stronghold; *
for the sake of your Name, lead me and guide
- Take me out of the net that they have secretly set for me, *
you are my tower of strength.
- Into your hands I commend my spirit, *
for you have redeemed me,
O LORD, O God of truth.
- I hate those who cling to worthless idols, *
and I put my trust
in the LORD.
- I will rejoice and be glad because of your mercy; *
for you have
seen my affliction;
you know my distress.
- You have not shut me up in the power of the enemy; *
set my feet in an open place.
- Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am in trouble; *
my eye is
consumed with sorrow,
and also my throat and my belly.
- For my life is wasted with grief,
and my years with sighing; *
my strength fails me because of affliction,
and my bones are
- I have become a reproach to all my enemies and
even to my
a dismay to those of my acquaintance; *
when they see
me in the street they avoid me.
- I am forgotten like a dead man, out of mind; *
I am as useless
as a broken pot.
- For I have heard the whispering of the crowd;
fear is all
they put their heads together against me;
they plot to
take my life.
- But as for me, I have trusted in you, O LORD. *
I have said,
"You are my God.
- My times are in your hand; *
rescue me from the hand of my
and from those who persecute me.
- Make your face to shine upon your servant, *
and in your
loving-kindness save me."
- LORD, let me not be ashamed for having called upon you; *
rather, let the wicked be put to shame;
let them be silent in
- Let the lying lips be silenced which speak against
haughtily, disdainfully, and with contempt.
- How great is your goodness, O LORD!
which you have laid up for
those who fear you; *
which you have done in the sight of all
for those who put their trust in you.
- You hide them in the covert of your presence from those
slander them; *
you keep them in your shelter from the strife of
- Blessed be the LORD! *
for he has shown me the wonders of his
love in a
- Yet I said in my alarm,
"I have been cut off from the sight of
your eyes." *
Nevertheless, you heard the sound of my entreaty
when I cried out to you.
- Love the LORD, all you who worship him; *
the LORD protects the
but repays to the full those who act haughtily.
- Be strong and let your heart take courage, *
all you who wait
for the LORD.
Psalm 34Benedicam Dominum
- I will bless the LORD at all times; *
his praise shall ever be
in my mouth.
- I will glory in the LORD; *
let the humble hear and rejoice.
- Proclaim with me the greatness of the LORD; *
let us exalt his
- I sought the LORD, and he answered me *
and delivered me out of
all my terror.
- Look upon him and be radiant, *
and let not your faces be
- I called in my affliction and the LORD heard me *
and saved me
from all my troubles.
- The angel of the LORD encompasses those who fear him, *
will deliver them.
- Taste and see that the LORD is good; *
happy are they who trust
- Fear the LORD, you that are his saints, *
for those who fear him
- The young lions lack and suffer hunger, *
but those who seek the
LORD lack nothing that is good.
- Come, children, and listen to me; *
I will teach you the fear of
- Who among you loves life *
and desires long life to enjoy
- Keep your tongue from evil-speaking *
and your lips from lying
- Turn from evil and do good; *
seek peace and pursue it.
- The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, *
and his ears are
open to their cry.
- The face of the LORD is against those who do evil, *
to root out
the remembrance of them from the earth.
- The righteous cry, and the LORD hears them *
and delivers them
from all their troubles.
- The LORD is near to the brokenhearted *
and will save those
whose spirits are crushed.
- Many are the troubles of the righteous, *
but the LORD will
deliver him out of them all.
- He will keep safe all his bones; *
not one of them shall be
- Evil shall slay the wicked, *
and those who hate the righteous
will be punished.
- The LORD ransoms the life of his servants, *
and none will be
punished who trust in him.